Spousal Consent

If you own a property alone and has been using that property as a family residence/matrimonial home (as defined within the meaning of Family Law Act), the other spouse whose name is not on the title of the property must provide a written consent to the sale of such property. The non-owning spouse would also sign the ‘spousal consent’ on the Listing Agreement, OREA form- Agreement of Purchase and Sale and any amendment to the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. The non-owning spouse will also sign the spousal consent forms at their lawyer’s office.

The spousal consent would usually apply to the sale of the matrimonial home only and not to any other investment properties that the seller and non owning spouse owns.

Call us for more information @905-290-7205.

March 17 2015